Being a Millennial in 2017....

It's 2017 and I am in my mid-20s. Not gunna lie, it's hard! I mean, why oh why are we all expected to be happy alllllll the time? The pressures on us from social media, the media, advertising and each other is unbelievable. Luckily, my friends and family support me in everything I do, and there's no pressure between any of my friendship group.

There seems to be this unwritten competition between millennials and Generation Z to be the best in careers, love life, looks, BLAH BLAH BLAH. Who cares? Life is way to short for all that. When is everyone going to wake up and smell the coffee? (mmmm coffee!)

We've grown up in a digital era, with pressures from the likes of Instagram and SnapChat increasing every day. I absolutely hate how reliant I am on my phone - genuinely get angry and upset that I sit on my phone all evening looking at utter crap rather than talking to my family. Life has changed so much since my parents were in their 20s and to be honest, their 20s sound absolutely amazing compared to mine!

So anyway, moral of this blog comes in two forms...
One: If you are a millennial too, be kind to one another, stop causing all this competition to have the "perfect life" on social media
Two: If you're not a millennial, be kind to us! Life is tough, there's so much pressure coming from our peers, let's just all chill.


Lets get social! Get tweeting or LinkedIn or even Insta - helenc91


Disclaimer: This blog reflects my own opinions, not those of my employer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five things you might not know about me...

Marketing without a budget...

Looking after our Mental Health...