Looking after our Mental Health...

Following on from my 'Beating the January Blues' blog, I thought it was time to revisit how we all look after our mental health. For some reason this still seems to carry a stigma and be a bit of a taboo subject. All of us need to look after out own health and be aware of everyone around us too. 


I asked my social media connections what they do to look after their mental health both in and out of the workplace, and here's what they said...

In the workplace
- Confide in someone you trust/work friend
- Take the time to talk
- Move away from the desk to make a cuppa or go for a walk

Outside the workplace
- Exercise, the main choices were running or going for a long walk
- Getting outside to enjoy the fresh air
- Meditation
- Writing a journal

For me, I focus very much on talking to my friends. We have a great understanding of how important it is to take the time to talk to each other, and listen to everything no matter how trivial. Working together to sort anything out together. I've recently restarted running after work too, which is brilliant to get some fresh air and clear my head.

We spend all day cooped up in an office, barely leaving our desks. Plus we are so absorbed in technology, a break can do the world of good.

I'd love to hear what your top tips are, share in the comments below!

Ciao for now.

Disclaimer: This blog does not reflect the thoughts or opinions of my employer. 

Comments

  1. I love your tips, mine are spending time indulging in hobbies/interests. Whether it is escaping in to a book, visiting somewhere beautiful or for me all of those plus creative interests such as art & crafts, which can be so calming in this chaotic world we live in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sharing your tips! I love to escape in a good book, nothing like getting away from technology by reading! I wish I was better at crafting!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five things you might not know about me...

Marketing without a budget...