Advice to my younger self...

This month I'm going to be another year older and another year wiser. It's been a very busy year for me, with a lot of changes and I've definitely learnt a lot! We're buying our first house together, which ticks one thing off my 30 before 30 list! But it's been the biggest learning curve for me. Coupled with that, I have also learnt a lot about myself, my capabilities and skills, my weaknesses, and expanded my marketing knowledge further.

Anyway, with all of this going on it got me thinking about what advice I would now give to my younger self. Always easy with the benefit of hindsight...


  • Learn more about mortgages and finance
    If I could do this all again I would have prepared myself slightly more so that the jargon wasn't so overwhelming!
  • Save, save, save
    It's hard when you're younger to see the long term benefits of saving, instead wanting to go out, go on holidays etc. but it's 100% worth popping a little of your payday happiness into your savings!
  • Listen to your own advice
    Definitely my biggest weakness. I'm the agony aunt of my friendship group, dishing out advice on all of lifes challenges... but do I listen to my own advice?! No. I don't know why, but I seem to be able to give advice and then can't follow through with my own!
  • You're stronger than you think
    Life can be a bitch at times, but you'll get through the worst of it with a great support network of your friends and family. Tough times show you who your real friends are!
  • Live uni life to the full
    Your time at uni is like nothing else. Drink, laugh, have late nights and build incredible friendships.
I've also put this out on LinkedIn and Twitter to see what my connections would say! Here's some of the top advice...
  • One day, the choice you make will make a great story
  • Stop procrastinating
  • Maintain your fitness levels, it’s the easiest thing to lose and the hardest to get back!
  • Choose happiness over everything else.
  • Trust your instincts to go your own way, and don't fret about not going to Uni, it's not the be all and end all
Every day I learn something new from someone else, our past experiences and everything that happens day to day. Having read everyone's responses I agree with so many and have taken them all on board. 

Let's connect! Twitter LinkedIn Or share your advice in the comments below.

Disclaimer: This blog does not represent the thoughts or opinions of my employer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five things you might not know about me...

Looking after our Mental Health...

Marketing without a budget...