The reason I hate my phone

My iPhone and I have fallen out. It's not the phone, it's me. Doesn't matter what model phone I have, I hate who it's made me become. All this technology at our fingertips.. tweeting, snapchatting, texting - it's never ending. Yes it is great, of course it is. But at the same time there's so many downsides...

I was 12 when I got my first phone - a lovely Siemens phone (small enough to actually fit in your pocket!) Pocket money for my credit, no camera and it was only really used for emergencies. Good times. I would still use a landline, and actually see people for a catch up with them.

Now? Well now I know what everyone is doing, where they are and who they are with - and they know the same about me! So out irregular face to face catch ups are "oh I saw you went to... on Facebook". Wild. I send my life looking at a tiny glowing screen and I am ignoring the most important people in my life. The worst part? I know all of this, I regret it and yet here I am still doing it! And why? Well we live in a society where it's all digitalised. If I didn't I would be out of the loop on what is going on in everyone's life. The horror!

The solution? It's time for the break up... time to leave my phone alone in the evenings, and concentrate on my family and friends. Talking to people face to face without the distraction of my phone going off...

... Let's see how long this lasts! Knowing me, I give myself two weeks! Time for me to look up and enjoy the people and world around me.


Lets get social! Get tweeting or LinkedIn

Disclaimer: This blog reflects my own opinions, not those of my employer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five things you might not know about me...

Looking after our Mental Health...

Marketing without a budget...