Communication is key...

This point is one that I am extremely passionate about, so apologies if I sound like a broken record. To me, communication is essential in every walk of life, and I don't understand why not everyone can see that...!

Outside of the workplace, we are exposed to "everyday" methods of communication. We communicate daily - verbally, digitally, yet are we actually communicating what we want to say? A lot of people hide behind their keyboards, never saying what they really mean, or being overly confident and saying things they would never say to your face.

In every relationship and social interaction we have on a daily basis we communicate. Be that thanking someone who've served us in a shop, to discussing with your family what you're going to have for dinner. It's so natural and yet there's so much that is going wrong now that we have all these methods of communicating!

The digital age is something I love, I've grown up with digitalisation of EVERYTHING, yet now all we seem to do is hide behind technology. I can sit in my bedroom and talk to my friends without moving. We Tweet, we snapchat, we text.. everything. But when was the last time I called them? Personally, most of my friends are all over the country now that we have left uni and gone our separate routes in life, and I do try to see them when I can. And then I have friends who are 10 mins down the road and we still sit texting all night rather than meeting up for a drink to actually talk! It's one thing I really dislike about the modern digital world.

Don't get me wrong, I do make every effort to see people, and I am thankful for all the technology that enables me to keep in contact with my friends who are off on the other side of the world! (lucky them...)

For something to be a success communication is required, but I really think we have lost the art of old fashioned talking...? What do you think? There's so much hiding as well, with little being shared, so we don't know what's truly going on in people's lives - only what they communicate to the outside world via social media, which is (almost) always positive.

Let me know what you think? Do you agree or do you love the digital methods? Maybe there's so irony in this blog... not sure if I am clearly communicating what I want to say!?

Lets get social! Get tweeting or LinkedIn or even Insta - helenc91

Disclaimer: This blog reflects my own opinions, not those of my employer


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five things you might not know about me...

Marketing without a budget...

Looking after our Mental Health...