Post vs Email: Who wins?

It's no surprise that digital marketing continues to develop each and every day. Sometimes it can be hard to keep up with the latest social consumer trends. One day we were all hanging out on MySpace with our emo photos and crazy profile pages... The next day everyone is suddenly on Facebook. 2007 was a social media rollercoaster! And over the past 11 years (ELEVEN YEARS!) this growth and overnight change has continued. Instagram, Snapchat and all sorts are now leading the way in social media. Email marketing continues to expand too, with more and more emails being sent each day from companies. However, with GDPR coming into effect in May, what's the future like for email marketing?

Let's take a moment to remember this guy.

Image result for postman pat


If you don't know who he is, please just stop reading this blog and Google. Jess is one of my favourite cats... but I digress.

Mail. Post. Letters. I LOVE ALL OF THESE. Now I am in my mid to late 20s and to me, receiving post is actually a novelty/exciting. So my thinking is, surely other people are feeling the same way as me? If you're one of them, say hey! I receive SO many emails every day, either marketing, spam or genuinely interesting people who choose to email me... but it's all just noise. 9/10 I delete or just skim read. But give me post and I am hooked. I love to read anyway, but the joy of peeking into the letterbox and seeing a letter...  Who's it from? What is it? Opening a letter is exciting! (note... not from the bank, that does not count!)

Waffling on there... my point is - is the landscape of marketing going to take a 180 flip to see mail overtaking email marketing? Personally, I think a good mix includes both and that is something I include in my marketing strategies and campaign planning. What do you think? Do you share my love for keeping the Royal Mail going? Let me know, comment below!

Ciao.

Disclaimer: This blog does not reflect the thoughts or opinions of my employer. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five things you might not know about me...

Looking after our Mental Health...

Marketing without a budget...